Sunday, April 15, 2012

Bella Bosa

I loved my time in Bosa and will never forget the wonderful people I met and adventures I had. Here are some of my favorite photos that capture the memories of my time there. 

Ricco (ricci is plural). A sea urchin. End of March/early April is the time for harvesting these guys. The roe is eaten over pasta, on pizza or any way you want. 

A man fishing at the Bosa Marina. Beautiful rocks jutting out from the ocean. 

Bosa at sunset.


Looking at Bosa from the river valley.


An entire aisle of PASTA!!!

 A driveway outside of Bosa 

 Bar Canottieri. I frequented this lovely local establishment often daily. This evening I was the only female, and the only one under 60 watching a football match. These were often my odds in bars. 

Malvasia di Bosa. A special white wine made here. A sweet young wine that is aged in Chestnut barrels. It can be sparkling or flat and is oh so delicious!!

 My friend for a day, Luca. Together we found the hot disco spot in Bosa and danced all night long to cheesy Bat-Mitzvah music, followed by rockin' 80's and then techno. We had a blast!

Great little art studio that Luca and I found on Easter Sunday evening. People were playing the piano and just enjoying the energy. 


Beautiful Bosa tower and the mouth of the river Temo.

I found a lovely walk along the coral rocks. It feels like you are walking on the moon.

This was my absolute favorite spot. I sat here for hours and could spend every day here if I had the chance. 

Favorite journaling spot.

Seriously could not get enough!

I will forever have a new found love for wild (and cultivated) fennel. The scents of Bosa that I will remember are those of fennel, wild garlic, artichokes and the sea. 

The Zipp family's olive grove behind their home. 

Bosa corso along the river, lined with palm trees and boats. 

The Zipp family (Silvia, Michael, Orlando and Nahima). Wonderful hosts, exceptional cooks and full of many interesting life stories!

Sunset on the street below my apartment in the historic Bosa center.

My favorite evening activity in Bosa was watching the sun set on the terrace. 

1 comment: