Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Day "Off"

Wednesday was a day “off” for me to adjust. I slept for 15 hours… straight! No waking up, no tossing or turning, no wondering “where in the hell am I?”. Pure, uninterrupted, glorious sleep. It was the best night of sleep I have had since the summer, before all my stress of this trip was omnipresent. Ahh. When I woke, I opened my window and looked out and saw this…


Yes, that’s right, you are looking at vines and olive trees with the sunlight streaming in! Can you say… BEAUTIFUL? Wish you were here! I have my own bedroom…


And bathroom…


And this is the view of Montalcino (up on the hill) from my private entrance!!!

I got showered, dressed and went to the kitchen, just in time for a lovely “easy” Tuscan lunch. Spaghetti with warmed ricotta cheese, grated lemon rind, salt and pepper. Delicious! Simple, yet perfect!

We all loaded in the car and drove the whole 1 mile UP THE HILL to town. I wandered (limped actually- I sliced a chunk out of my toe the night before I left) around the empty streets of Montalcino while they visited with friends. It was cold and I was glad to have my gloves, scarf, fleece and long sleeve wool shirt. I found some of the same shops and enotecas (wine bars/tasting rooms) that Ryan and I had visited nearly 2 years ago.





Bought some Pecorino and bread and ate them in a park while watching the sunset over the Tuscan horizon. Love it.

2 comments:

  1. Your place looks spectacular! This is now my favorite blog! What fun you seem to be having and totally appropriate Erica wine adventures. Fun! I love that you talked about how you got there in a previous entry! Those little grocery ladies taking care of you cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! The rafters in your bedroom are awesome.

    ReplyDelete