Thursday, February 3, 2011

Benvenuto a Brunello!

My plans have slightly changed ...  I will now be extending my stay here in Montalcino for one more week so that I can attend the Benvenuto a Brunello Festival Feb 18th-20th. This is the festival where all the Brunello producers showcase their wine and it's a 3-day event! It literally means "Welcome Brunello". International journalists, wine connoisseurs, collectors and Italian wine lovers will all be in attendance. It is the time when the producers introduce their latest vintage to the world and I will be able to be a part of it this year too. I am so excited! I will now be going to my next farm in Cetona on February 20th. Of course in order to prepare for this festival, PJ and I must taste all of his wines in the cellar the week before. Quality control is necessary before bringing journalists and buyers in. I'm just the woman for the job! Don't worry, I will take great tasting notes to share.

Here's a link to the official website for the Benvenuto Brunello event:
http://www.consorziobrunellodimontalcino.it/en/events/benvenuto-brunello.html

No comments:

Post a Comment