Friday, June 24, 2011

Adrigole

West Cork is one of the most beautiful places in Ireland that I have seen. Despite the extreme WIND, cold, rain and grey clouds, it is still quite beautiful, especially when the sun peaks out.


I spent 2 weeks in a small "town" on the Beara Peninsula volunteering at the West Cork Sailing Center. I was supposed to help tourists with kayak rental and show them where to find the seals in the bay. Sounds fun, right? Well in the slow (aka COLD) season, there are fewer people who want to get in the water so instead I did a lot of cooking in the boat house cafe and tidying up around the center.

My favorite sign, just outside the boat house.

View from the boat house, just after a lashing rain storm

All suited up and ready to find the seals!
Kayaking in Adrigole Bay

Beautiful Hungry Hill- Beara Peninsula

Fushia flowers

Flox glove flowers- these are all over this area.

Close shot of the fox glove. I love their spots inside the flower. 
Fence post along the road up Healy Pass- there are a lot of cow pastures here

Lamb!


The best part was that my neighbor Jennifer was here with me! More to come on that in my next blog!!



No comments:

Post a Comment