Friday, June 24, 2011

Colorado Comes to Ireland

I am so grateful to have wonderful friends. They are my favorite part of my life, no matter where in the world I am physically located. I value the relationships I have with people and enjoy spending time developing them.

This is how Jennifer looked most of the time- holding her trusty "brolly" in the Irish rain!

Neighbor Jennifer spontaneously came to Ireland and joined me at one of my host sites in West Cork. It was so fun to have her here with me, to experience just a part of what my life is like these days. She was such a constant part of my Colorado life and to have her here, to talk with, walk with, be silly with, and cook for ... it was absolutely wonderful. And boy did we have some adventures!

We spent most of our time at the Boat House in Adrigole (boat house is in the background).

Every morning we enjoyed a cup of coffee together... just like old times! 

And then we went for our morning walks!

And afternoon hikes up the pass (when the sun was out).


Found great picnic spots along the way

And other spots that might haven been part of a pub? 

Introduced her to "baby guinness"

Learned fun new card games and let my competitive side show a bit too much.

And even had some road warrior adventures in driving on the left side of the road on narrow streets that looked like they were meant for maybe one small car. Jennifer was not too pleased with the idea of driving in this country but she did great. I think she might even want to still be friends with me. Maybe.

This tunnel will forever make us laugh so hard it hurts! We went through here and tried to turn on the headlights. Instead, we found both wipers, the windshield spray, AC/Heat and every other button in the rental car, all while trying to avoid the rock wall and water falling inside the pitch black tunnel. No lights, no reflectors, no nothing. We never did find those lights, but it was a hilarious few minutes trying!

Muckross House in Killarney. Beautiful grounds. Sunny day. Happy girls.

Caha Mountain Pass between counties Cork and Kerry. Reminded me a bit of Colorado. Jennifer knew at that moment that I have been gone too long when I start to think that 1,000 ft mountains look like Colorado. 

Rhododendrons at Muckross House- beautiful! 

Hike around the lake

New friends and old friends in a new town. Jim and Jennifer in Killarney. We all stayed at a hostel here and went out for a pub crawl to find live music- we were successful at both. 

Misty walk to the Gap of Dunloe. 


I still can't believe she was here and gone in what seems like a flash. We had a great time and can't wait to spend time in Colorado again in January! 

Jennifer has done a much better job of blogging our adventures together on her own blog. 

1 comment:

  1. What fun pictures! I want them! It was such a treat to get insight into your Irish adventures! And I hope you still like Ireland even if your heart is in Italy! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete