Friday, June 17, 2011

Lemon Curd

I love lemon! It is refreshing and zippy and makes for wonderful sweet desserts as well as a multitude of savory applications as well (most importantly in my kitchen for my infamous hummus). I learned to make Irish Lemon Curd and I love it! I'm sure you will love it too.


Recipe courtesy of The Gallic Kitchen
Yield: 8 jars or approximately 16 Cups

Ingredients:
8 Lemons (grated rind & juice)
4 Sticks Salted Butter (454g)
2 C Sugar (500 g)
20 each Whole Eggs, beaten

Method:
1. Heat butter, sugar and lemon rind & juice til melted and clear.
2. Remove from heat and QUICKLY whisk in beaten eggs.
3. Return to low heat and continue to quickly whisk.
4. Stir with a wooden spoon (to avoid a more metallic taste).
5. Bring to a boil and keep stirring. When it bubbles and is thick, remove from heat.
6. Pass through a strainer and cool.


Melting sugar, butter, juice and rind. Eggs are beaten and ready to add.

Stir Stir Stir!!!

Added the eggs and it is thickening up

Done! Cool and set and add to pies, layer in cakes or enjoy as you like.




No comments:

Post a Comment