Friday, June 17, 2011

Words of Wisdom


I’ve learned a lot on this trip about people, life and myself. I have made a point of listening more. I have also tried to ask people what they have learned in life, marriage, business, and relationships. As I continue on this journey and as I am getting a bit older, more and more of it makes sense.

The earlier blog that highlights my thoughts on Italy (part 1) has some of my insights but I thought I’d compile more of them here. Many come from my cousin Laura, reflecting on what she has learned most in her 30’s (thanks Laura!). Others are my own reflections.

Enjoy, and perhaps some of these can be useful for you as well.

  •       Do not be quick to judge others; you may not have a paper trail but you           are not perfect either.
  •       Stop and play! “Smell the roses” and don’t stress so much.
  •      Either it will all work out or it won’t, but worrying won’t change the                    outcome.
  •      Find what makes you happy and BE THERE.
  •      Live in the moment. Everything changes (whether you want it to or not).
  •      Dance every day- everyone is crazy!
  •      Patience, compromise and forgiveness will help a marriage last.
  •      People are put on your life path for a reason. It is up to you to discover            why and be open to what they have to offer. You will learn something               special from everyone.

·      

1 comment:

  1. I love your thoughtful posts. I mean, I love all your posts. But your pensive ones are positive and easy to relate to.

    ReplyDelete